Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises
You want to do business in China, but don’t know where to begin?
How do you protect your IP?
How will you manage your relationships with suppliers, partners and stakeholders?
If you are a small Canadian enterprise or business looking to do business in China, but don’t know where to start, CCBC has answers and advice. We help SMEs enter and move forward in China with our on-the-ground member services and support. We guide SMEs through the complexities of doing business in another country, and our Business Incubation Centres in Shanghai and Beijing provide an ideal location to launch your business while helping you minimize upfront costs. CCBC offers member services and support according to your needs.
CCBC’s member services include the following:
For SMEs Considering Doing Business in China
- Market research and intelligence to better understand your customers and competitors
- Understanding the Chinese economic model – The 13th Five-Year Plan, Catalogue for the Guidance of Foreign Investment Industries, State-Owned Enterprises, Joint Ventures, Wholly-Foreign Owned Enterprises, etc.
- Identification of new or emerging market trends in China
- Advice on developing your China strategy
- Advice on issues involving banking, taxation, and capital movement
- Guidance on credit financing and insurance for exporters
For SMEs Ready to Do Business in China
- Advisory services on adapting your brand, marketing, and product to Chinese consumers
- Guidance on cross-cultural communications and Chinese practices
- Assistance with corporate registration
- Guidance on IP, trademark, and copyright protection
- Referrals to experts in business registration, commercial real estate, recruitment, taxation, law, and HR
- Connections to the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service, Export Development Canada, and like-minded partner agencies
- Outreach to municipal, provincial, national economic development, and investment attraction agencies in China
- Affordable physical and virtual presence in Shanghai and Beijing
For SMEs Already Doing Business in China
- Assistance with public and government relations
- Mentoring by larger Canadian established companies in China
- Services and support customized to member requirements
- Organizing events, engaging stakeholders and decision makers
- Participation in high-level Canada-China policy issues
- Affordable physical and virtual office presence in Shanghai and Beijing
All members receive priority notification of key events, seminars and missions, including CCBC's Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Policy Conference, coaching, mentoring sessions as well as networking opportunities with other members of the Canadian business community in China.