CCBC Business in Canada Seminar Series: Legal Considerations When Acquiring a Canadian Business
This event was SOLD OUT.
Session 4: Legal Considerations When Acquiring a Canadian Business
CCBC, in partnership with McCarthy Tétrault, presented a seminar on Legal Considerations When Acquiring a Canadian Business, which addressed:
- Options to structure an acquisition
- Process for a typical M&A transaction
- Regulatory approvals:
• Investment Canada Act
• Competition Act
- Case study 1: Acquisition of a Private Company
- Case study 2: Acquisition of a Public Company
Chinese entrepreneurs and investors explored the many options for the merger and acquisition (M&A) and legal strategies to put in place when acquiring a business in Canada, including applied case studies.
Date: Wednesday, October 24, 2018
9:00 am – 11:00 am
Location: McCarthy Tétrault LLP
Suite 2500, 1000 De La Gauchetière Street West
- CCBC Members: Free
- Non-CCBC Members: By invitation only
Please note: This seminar was presented in Mandarin.