Is your company interested in pursuing opportunities created by China’s transition in the “green growth” economy?
The Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada and CCBC are organizing four roundtable discussions, Clean Tech in China, which will focus on China’s “green growth” economy and the possibilities for Canadian companies in this market. Participants will learn about APF Canada’s China Eco-City Tracker and the role of APF Canada in providing policy research in support of clean tech business development in China.
The sessions will take place in four Canadian cities:
- Vancouver, BC – Monday, January 28, 2019
- Montreal, QC – Wednesday, January 30, 2019
- Toronto, ON – Friday, February 1, 2019
- Calgary, AB – Monday, February 4, 2019
In addition, participating companies will have the opportunity to provide APF Canada with their perspectives on China’s growing clean technology market. Insights from company representatives should address the questions below, based on their current or planned business in China.
- What are the key business development issues your company faces with respect to opportunities in the clean tech market in China?
- China’s economic and environmental objectives still require further alignment and consolidation. What information issues does your company face with respect to clean tech development in China? How would your business model change with more information and at what level (city, provincial)?
- What do you see are potential avenues for Canadian business expansion in China in the clean tech areas of air, water, and solid waste, including in which geographical areas?
- How can policy research institutions like APF Canada, as well as other intermediaries such as CCBC and Canada’s trade missions, better aid in your company’s market decisions and risk assessments? Is the China Eco-City Tracker of particular interest? What information could be provided to aid in your business?
The roundtables will be facilitated by Evan Due, a consultant to APF Canada and an advisor to the China Development Research Foundation, an institution initiated by the Development Research Centre of the State Council of China.
Date: Friday, February 1, 2019, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Location: Gowling WLG
First Canadian Place, 100 King Street West, Suite 1600
Registration is of particular interest to companies and professionals involved in the cleantech/environment sector.
The roundtables are free to attend, but companies must register in advance. Seating is limited. Participation will be confirmed by CCBC.
For more information, please contact Lavender Gao, Ontario Chapter Program Manager, at Ontario[at]ccbc.com or call 416-954-3800 x316.