CCBC is presenting a full-morning workshop that will focus on how Canadian SMEs operating in China can protect their IP and the many financing opportunities that are available to them on Thursday, June 14, from 8:30 am to 1:00 pm in Montreal.
Keynote speakers and panelists will address the following questions:
- What is the right deal structure to protect your IP?
- How can Chinese capital be incorporated into your business?
- What are Chinese investors looking for when making investment decisions?
- How can you best present your business’ strategies to secure Chinese financing?
- What other financing options are available to you?
The Canadian Intellectual Property Office will present China IP Protection Strategies and Gowlings WLG will share Case Studies on IP Protection in China. Panel discussions with industry experts will follow and address How Chinese Capital Helps Canadian SMEs Expand in China and Investigating Additional Financing Options.
This workshop is designed for companies who are pursuing China as a market for their product, technology, or service. Food and beverage, clean technology, and life science companies are particularly encouraged. Similar workshops will take place in Vancouver, Halifax, Toronto, and Calgary.
Workshop: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm (Registration: 8:30 am – 9:00 am)
Business Lunch: 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Location: St. James Club – Midway Room
1145 Union Street
Tickets: $45 (CCBC members and non-members, tax included)
Limited seating. Participants will be vetted as participation is limited to target companies, sponsors, and investors/mentors.